Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Epiphany

It was last Saturday, January 31st, 2009 and I was waking up still tipsy from the fraternity invite the night before. My phone was gone and I had no idea as to where I had left it; it was a morning for pondering. I had been thinking about getting away from Southern California for a very long time since I've lived here all my life and have only gone on one real vacation. For some reason, this ultimate goal of mine came to mind that morning and I realized one thing: I can do that now. Whenever I had thought of leaving the U.S. before, the thought process always ended with the phrase, "After I graduate from college..." But with no occupational intentions beyond entreprenurialism, I feel that a college degree is fairly useless, at least to me. This idea sounds pretty ludicrous coming from anyone, but especially for me. I am a freshman at the USC Marshall Business School with a full-ride and am currently rushing the top fraternity on campus. Things to be worse, to say the least, but that doesn't matter to me. I have been experimenting with manifestation/the law of attraction since the middle of December and now I want to actually put my beliefs to the test in the real world. The very first step in learning to utilize manifestation is figuring out what you want or else you will not know what to manifest in your life. This task took a considerable amount of time for me to figure out, about a month, but I knew it when the idea hit me. I want out, I want to travel, I want to experience new things, America bores the shit out of me. So even though I love my current place at USC and where I am at in my life right now, the positive nature of it all is completely irrelevant in terms of my goal. Yes, I am very happy, probably the most I have ever been, but I'm not excited by what I am doing. So I'm leaving it all behind.. USC, my studies, friends, fraternity pledge brothers and the safety of the U.S. for that excitement that I'm missing. This blog will document everything that happens to me along the way so I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment