Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday

The last two days have been very productive for me, but with little physical results. I redesigned the header for this blog, but I have really been focused on coming up with a business idea for funding my trip. Little did I know that I had already come up with it a couple months ago when I jotted down some notes on a blog about marijuana. Sorry to those of you who still have a stigma against pot, but regardless of your beliefs, stoners are an undeniable niche market. Fortunately, since most pot-smokers are unproductive, there is no Mecca blog/site for marijuana. Even HighTimes Magazine's website is riddled with annoying ads while most other legitimate sites only sport weed-related news feeds. This topic, I must admit, is one in which I have a lot of experience and expertise (I'll talk more about this later). However, I know NOTHING about web design or html and I know that a simple blog will not do the trick for my vision. What is my vision? Basically a Nytimes.com, but all weed related material instead. Whether it be new marijuana legislation, great things to contemplate when high or the best bongs to buy, I want this site to have it all. The name of the site is "Intellectual Stoner" and it's going to be aimed at showing the more intelligent side of marijuana smoking. Essentially I want to show how weed can be used as an intellectual stimulant instead of depressant as it is commonly accused of being. In order to start this site, I'm going to the book store tomorrow to get a book on website design and am currently illegally downloading Adobe Dreamweaver CS4. Obviously, I'm really excited about getting this project going and I'll post a link to the site when it exists. Sidenote: Ironically I decided to quit smoking so that I could start the polyphasic sleep cycle because THC inhibits R.E.M sleep so this is going to be a challenge... On that note, I am starting that cycle today at 6pm, so my blog entries are definitely going to be more regular as opposed to the 'whenever I feel like it' way I'm doing it now. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment